Spicy and delightful south Indian condiment that goes perfect with Idli, dosa or Uttapa. Simply love this one!
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 5 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Raw Peanuts
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 2 to 3 dried Red Chillies
- 6 to 7 Curry Leaves
- Wash and soak chana dal in water for 4 hours.
- Mix coconut, soaked chana dal, peanuts, green chillies, salt, sugar with some water in mixie pot and make in to smooth paste.
- Remove coconut paste in mixing bowl.
- Heat up oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, dried red chillies, curry leaves and pour tempering over coconut chutney.
- Mix tempering well with chutney.
- Serve with Idly, Dosa, Utthapa!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
8 April 2015
Bhagyashri Shinde :
4 February 2015
Madhura I love you for showing such wonderful and easy methods of different recipes. I try them at home and get nice and lovely compliments from my loved ones. And i truly want to give all the credit to you.... God Bless You..
29 November 2014
good recipe another type of chutney http://www.foodiedale.com/2014/11/coconut-chutney.html
6 January 2014
Hi madhura, I make coconut chutney, but my chutney got curdling.i use dry roasted channa dal.that it. Can u tell me why it's happened.thanks Rakhi
Shilpa Kerkar :
8 August 2013
Hi Madhura , Just wanted to inform you one small correction. In the above recipe video you have used ginger but the same is not mentioned anywhere in your written recipe.