A nutritious dal recipe with tons of health benefits. Makes a perfect warm soup during rainy days or can be had with rice or chapati. Makes a very good meal if you are looking to shed of excess pounds.
- 1 cup Green Gram / Green Moog
- 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Ping of Hing / Asafetida
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Grated Garlic
- t/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriandar Powder
- Curry Leaves
- Slit Green Chili
- Wash and soak green moong n water for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours of soaking, put soaked beans in pressure cooker and cook until 2 whistles.
- Once the beans are cooked, heat oil in a pan.
- Once oil is hot add cumin seeds, add hing and grated garlic. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Add curry leaves, green chilli and tomatoes and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Cook until tomatoes softens completely.
- Add boiled dal, salt, mix, cover and cook for 10 mts.
- Serve hot as a soup or with some chapati or rice!
- Add hint of sugar to balance out taste of tomato and spices.
- Every pressure cooker is different, so adjust cooking time accordingly.