Uttapa is a traditional South Indian preparation. It is very similar to dosa, with addition of onions and tomatoes. Unlike dosa, which is crisp and crepe-like, uttapa is thick pan cake with toppings cooked right into the batter. It is a popular breakfast recipe.
- Preparation time : 30 mts
- Cooking time : 40 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- Dosa Batter
- Onion finely chopped
- Click here for the link of Dosa Batter.
- Now heat up dosa tawa on a medium to high heat.
- Grease that very well using oil.
- Pour spoonful of dosa batter at the center of pan and spread that out like a pancake.
- It should be around 1/4" thick.
- Sprinkle some onion on the top of uttapa and allow it to cook until it gets good golden crisp.
- Now flip the uttapa and cook from other side as well till it gets deep golden color.
- Serve hot with Sambar and coconut chutney!