Aloo and shimla mirch is a very simple and easy and quick cooking recipe. It is a dry recipe, good to carry for tiffin. It tastes delicious and can be prepared from basic ingredients.
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- A pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium Potato
- 1 medium diced Tomato
- Salt to taste
- Sliced Shimla Mirchi / Green pepper
- In a mixing bowl take red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix all these dry masala together.
- Add a little bit water to make thin paste. Mix well.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add oil.
- Add cumin seeds. Let it pop up.
- Add masala paste, ginger garlic paste. Stir well.
- Cook for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add potato, tomato and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 8- 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and mix well.
- Add shimla mirchi and stir well. Cover and cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and check if the shimla mirchi and potatoes are cooked well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- It is a good side dish with chapati or rice.