Shahi Mushroom is a royal gracy dish prepared with all goodness of cashew and almond paste, khoya, cream. Tastes just awesome with paratha, naan or Kulcha. If you are not a mushroom lover, not a problem you can jazz this up with paneer, vegetables of your choice.
- First wash and cut tomatoes in to quarters.
- Soak almonds and cashew nuts in warm water for 2 hours.
- Mix nuts and tomatoes in to blender and make that in to smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan, and once oil is hot add onion and saute onions until it gets light golden color.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add tomato puree, chilli powder, garam masala, mix and cook until oil oozes out from the spices.
- Add khoya and mix well.
- Add mushrooms, water, salt and mix well.
- Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add heavy cream, mix.
- Serve hot with garlic naan, naan, jeera rice!
- For quick soaking of nuts, put nuts in to microwave safe bowl, add some water and microwave for 1 mt.
- Use paneer, vegetables for variation.