You love idlis, and if you don't have batter ready. What will you do? Here is the solution. This is equally tasty and spicier version of idlis made with rava. Since the batter requires no fermentation, this recipe is quick and easy. Enjoy rava idly.
- Preparation time : 15 mts
- Cooking time : 20Â mts
- Serves : 2 people
- Rava / Sooji 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1" piece of Ginger
- 4 Green Chillies
- pinch of Hing
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Carrot
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Blend ginger and chilli together to make fine paste.
- Heat up oil in a pan, after its hot add mustard seeds and let them dance around.
- Then add chana dal and dry roast it until it changes color.
- Add hing, ginger chilli paste, pepper powder, mix well.
- Add sooji, mix and dry roast over medium heat for 5 mts.
- Now take roasted sooji in a mixing bowl and allow it to cool down a bit.
- Then add baking soda and yogurt in roasted rawa and mix well.
- Set it aside for 20 mts.
- Now add lemon juice in the mixture, mix well.
- Also add green pepper and carrot and mix well.
- Pour spoonful of batter in to greased idly mould.
- Steam over medium high heat until 20 mts.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
27 March 2017