Medu Vadas are a traditional South Indian dish which can be served as a main course, side dish, or snack. These are crispy, tasty and protein-rich. These are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are served with Sambar and Coconut Chutney.
- Preparation time : 10 mts
- Cooking time :Â 25 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- 1 1/2 cup split Black Gram
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1" piece of Ginger
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- First wash urad dal and soak in enough water for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours drain off all excess water from dal.
- Now put dal in to blender, also add green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, salt in to dal.
- Grind to make coarse paste. Use very little amount of water to make that in to paste.
- Now add baking soda and coriander leaves in to batter and mix well.
- Heat up oil for deep frying on a medium to high heat.
- Deep your hands in water and take lemon size of batter.
- Flatten with your palms to form a round shape.
- Make a hole in the center with the tip of your finger.
- Drop the flatter vada in to oil and deep fry till it gets deep golden color all the way through.
- Drain off all excess oil and repeat the same process withÂ the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with Coconut chutney and Sambar!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
11 January 2016
I tried the recipe, it is excellent and very easy to prepare and my family gave good marks. I should give the credit to the author for posting such a wonderful dish. Many popular writing services follow the blog because of its simple and easy dishes