Dosa is fermented crepe made from rice batter and black lentils. It is a staple food from South Indian cuisine. Though making Masala Dosa is a long process, but it is worth it.
- Preparation time : 40 mts
- Cooking time :Â 50 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- 1 1/2 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Urad Dal
- 2 tbsp Toor Dal
- 1/4 tsp Methi Seeds
- First rinse rice and dals separately and soak them separately in enough water overnight. Also soak methi seeds separately.
- In the morning blend together rice and dals along with methi seeds. Blend till it gets smooth consistency.
- Add enough water to make it in to semi thick batter.
- Cover and let it ferment at warm place for 14 to 16 hours or until batter doubles in its size.
- After batter is fermented add salt to taste in the batter and mix well.
- Now heat up frying pan and grease that well with oil.
- Pour a full ladle full of batter at the center of pan and spread out that batter nice and evenly.
- Let that roast until it get good golden color.
- Now fill up the dosa sabzi at the center of dosa.
- Start to roll dosa.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambar on the side!