This spicy and tangy rice is prepared with raw mango. It can be good option to finish your leftover rice. A very good tiffin option too. This is a very simple and easy recipe. It can be one dish meal. Enjoy mango rice.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Mustard seeds / Mohari
- Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 2 – 3 dried red Chili
- Curry leaves
- Chopped green Chilies
- Asafoetida / Hing
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
- 1 medium size raw Mango
- Boiled Rice
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander
- Heat oil in a pan. Add peanuts to it. Fry the peanuts until they are deep brown.
- Remove from pan and keep the peanuts aside.
- Add mustard seeds to oil.
- When mustard begins to pop up add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle up.
- Add dried red chillies, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida, coriander powder, turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Let it roast for 30 seconds.
- Add grated raw mango. Stir well.
- Let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add boiled rice and salt to taste.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients well.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Add chopped coriander.
- Garnish with fried peanuts and serve.
- It tastes good as it is or you can serve it with peanut or mint chutney too.