Varan, bhat ni limbu such a great comfort food! Enjoy this very very simple yet very flavourful and healthy Maharashtrian Varan with plain boiled rice or as a side dish with roti.
- Boiled toor dal - 2 cups
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 Tomato chopped
- 2 tsp garlic
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 green chillies chopped
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and boil toor dal until 3 to 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, garlic and saute till garlic gets nice golden color.
- Add onion and wait till it becomes translucent.
- Add chopped green chillies and tomatoes, mix, cover and cook for 2 mts.
- Add boiled dal, mix and just bring it to boil.
Not Available Related Recipe !