Pithala is such an easy yet very mouthwatering simple dish which gets ready with minimum preparations. Though it sounds easy to make, but little mistake while adding besan will turn that in to a lumpy mess. So here's an easy trick to make your pithala without any lumps.
- 1 cup Besan
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 6 to 8 Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- pinch of Hing
- 5 to 6 Green chillies
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan.
- After oil is hot add mustard seeds and let them pop.
- Then add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add minced garlic, hing, curry leaves, mix.
- Add onion, mix and cook until onion softens up.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- Add water and salt to taste.
- Wait till the time water turns hot.
- Take sieve, put the besan in that.
- Now sift besan in hot water slowly, making sure that you keep string while you add besan.
- Repeat till you add all the besan.
- Serve hot with Jwarichi bhakari, bajarichi bhakari or tandlachi bhakari!