Khandesh is noth western part of Maharashtra and its well known for spicy and tasty food. This vangyache bharit which is nothing but Baingan Bharta is prepared using green chilies and it tastes super yummy. You can have this with Bhakri, roti or rice
- Big Green Baingan/Eggplant
- 2 tsp Oil
- 4~5 Green Chilies
- t tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Peanut
- 2 tbsp Coconut
- 1 cup Onions
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 Spring Onion
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves
- Take large green eggplant / Baingan and roast whole eggplant on the stove or in the oven. Once nicely roasted then peel out its skin and mash it up.
- Take whole green chilies and dry roast them in the oil. Dry roast till it changes it's color and get light browning.
- Take these green chillies in the blender pot and blend it coarsely.
- Heat up oil in the pan and add cumin seeds. Add whole peanut and sliced dry coconut and mix it well.
- Then add onions in the pan and cook it for 1~2 mins
- Add ginger garlic paste and ground green chili and give it a mix.
- Add spring onions and cook this up for around 2 mins
- Add roasted eggplant, salt and mix it well
- Cook this up for 4~5 mins
- Garnish this with coriander leaves and Khandeshi baingan bharta is already to serve.