Karela sabzi or karlyachi bhaji is a simple yet delectable recipe which requires less effort and is less time consuming. Its easy and requires very few ingredients. Sure no one would really guess bitter karela taste in it!
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 2 Karela / Karla
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 4 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbsp Jaggery / Gudh / Gul
- Cut karela in to small round and scoop out seeds from karela rounds.
- Add karela rings in to hot boiling water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 mts until karela becomes tender.
- Heat up oil, add finely chopped onion and cook until onion becomes soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook up for another minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp, jaggery and mix.
- Add boiled karela, mix well, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.