Kaju Mushroom masala is a lip smacking recipe prepared by using wholesome cashews, mushrooms in rich, creamy, cashew based gravy. Cashews in a cashew sauce, tastes just heavenly! Impress your guests with this easy yet very very delectable Kaju Mushroom Masala!
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- Whole Garam Masala - 1" Cinnamon stick,
- 2 cloves, 2 Black peppercorns, 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp broken Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Whole Cashew nuts
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- Mushrooms 4 oz
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- Wash and soak broken cashew nuts in warm water for 2 hours.
- Add soaked cashew and one tomato in to mixie pot and blend to make very smooth puree.
- Heat up oil, add whole garam masala, cumin seeds and finely chopped onions.
- Fry onions until it gets light golden color.
- Add chopped garlic, mix and cook for just about a minute.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add tomato puree, mix and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until oil separates from the spices.
- Add water depending on the gravy consistency you want. Add salt, sugar, mix, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Add whole cashews which were soaked in warm water for 2 hours and chopped mushrooms, mix well.
- Cover up and cook until mushrooms are done.
- Serve hot with Garlic naan, tandoori roti or Jeera rice!