This is an easy, quick and simple recipe. It is a good evening snack. Enjoy instant microwave dhokla.
For Dhokla Batter
- 1 1/2 cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 3/4 cup Yogurt / Curd
- 1 tbsp Rava / Sooji
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic and Green Chili Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Eno Fruit Salt
For Sugar Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- Mustard Seeds
- Pinch of Hing
- 3~4 Green Chilies
- Take coarse beasn or chickpea flour in a bowl.
- Add curd or yogurt. Mix well. The curd should be thick. Add suji and water and mix it well.
- The batter should be of pouring consistency. It should not be too thick or too thin.
- To season this, add ginger, garlic and green chili paste. Add turmeric powder, oil, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add plain eno fruit salt (without any flavor) . Add a little bit water. Stir well. The batter will turn foamy. Again mix well. The mixture will bubble up.
- Take a microwave safe dish. Grease it well with vegetable oil. Pour the ready batter in the dish. Tap the dish gently.
- Transfer the dish into microwave and microwave the dhokla on high power for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the dish from microwave and check with the help of knife. Insert the knife in the middle of dhokla. If it comes out clean, the dhokla is ready. Also you will notice that the sides of the dhokla are loosened if is it cooked.
- Let it stand for 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl take water. Add sugar and salt. Mix well. The sugar must be completely dissolved. The sugar syrup is ready.
- For tempering, heat the oil in a pan. Turn off the heat. Add mustard seeds, hing and 3-4 green chilies. As soon as you add chilies, cover the pan with a lid.
- Once the dhokla is cooled down, cut it into pieces.
- Now pour the sugar syrup on dhokla.
- Add tempering over the dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Dhokla is already.