A very simple and easy curry. Green Peas cooked in simple onion, coconut gravy. Gets ready in just 15 minutes and yet taste superb. Great to cook when you run out of time, vegetables or when guests give sudden visit.
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 15 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato pureed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Coconut
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Pinch of Hing
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Heat oil in a Kadhai or Wok add cumin seeds, pinch of hing, chopped onion, mix and saute till onions get light brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till raw smell from ginger garlic goes away.
- Add fresh grated conut, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, mix and cook till oil separates from spices.
- Add water, mix, salt to taste, garam masala, garam masala and let it get cooked for 2 mts.
- Add Green Peas, mix, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Serve with roti, chapati or rice!