Green beans, french beans or shravani ghevda cooked in fresh flavorful spices and coated with nice coconut powder. I love to cook this just very often as its very simple and easy to cook. Makes a good sabzi to carry for tiffins!
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 25 mts
Serves : 3 to 4 people
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Green Chillies
- 8 to 10 Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 7 to 8 Curry Leaves
- 3 cups French Beans
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coconut powder
- Wash, pat dry and cut beans in small pieces.
- Crush garlic, green chillies, black peppercorns together in blender.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, onion and saute till onion becomes soft.
- Add ground paste and cook for a minute.
- Add beans, salt, mix, cover and cook for 15 to 20 mts till the time beans get cooked.
- Add garam masala, red chilli powder, coconut powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro!