A combination of boiled potatoes and sautéed onions spiced with chilies, potato bhaji is the stuffing used in masala dosa. Potato masala is a nice compliment for any kind of dosa.It also goes well with chapathi and puri.
- Preparation time : 15 mts
- Cooking time :Â 20 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- 2 Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 big Onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp split Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- First boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Mix garlic and chillies together in to blender and make fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, after its hot add mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add hing, mix.
- Add chana dal, mix and cook until it gets light golden color.
- Then add urad dal and roast until it gets light golden color.
- Add onion and cook until onion softens.
- Add garlic and chilli paste, mix well and cook for 3 mts along with onion.
- Add turmeric powder, mix and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes, mix well, add salt.
- Add a splash of water, mix well, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
27 March 2017