Nice variation to regular dal. Very easy and gets ready in just 10 to 15 mts. Tastes super delicious!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1 1/2 cup split Masoor Dal
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 dried Red Chillies
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped Garlic
- pinch of hing
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash split masoor dal 2 to 3 times. Drain water from it.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, pinch of hing, dried red chillies and cook till garlic gets nice golden color.
- Add chopped onion and cook till onion gets light golden color.
- Add Red chilli powder, mix and cook till oil separates from the spices.
- Add washed dal, mix, add water, salt, mix, cover and cook till dal gets cooked.
- Add garam masala, mix and garnsih with coriandar leaves.
- Don't add too much water otherwise dal will becomes mooshy.
- Use Goda masla instaed of garam masala.
Not Available Related Recipe !