It is delicious and healthy variation for vegetable pulav. Also a good way to finish leftover rice. It can be one dish meal too. Enjoy chole polav.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 3-4 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1 tsp Chole masala
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 cup boiled Chana / chick peas
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil on medium to high heat.
- When oil is enough hot, add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, black pepper and cumin seeds.
- When these sizzle up then add finely chopped onion. Mix well and cook till onion gets nice light golden color.
- After 3-4 minutes, add ginger garlic paste, diced tomato. Stir the mixture. Cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chole masala, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix nicely. Cook these masalas for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled chana, salt to taste. Mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the cover and add rice. Mix well. If salt is added to rice while cooking then no need to add more salt now.
- Add coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat. Chole pulav is already.