Bhogi is a day before Makar Snakrati and the day on which this Mix Vegetable Sabzi is prepared. After all winter is the perfect time in India when all vegetables are easily available. This is prepared by using maximum amount of sesame seeds which are considered healthy when having during cold days. Warm up your tummies this winter with this very healthy, hearty and nutritious dish!
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 + 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Roasted Peanut Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Potato peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup Carrot cubed in small pieces
- 1/4 cup Lima Beans / Pavta
- 4 to 5 Drumsticks
- 1/4 cup diced Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh or Frozen Peas
- 1/4 cup Green Beans
- 1 tbsp Jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green Chiilies
1 tbsp Raisins
- Dry roast sesame seeds until it gets deep brown color. After sesame seeds are roasted, keep it aside until it cools down.
- Mix sesame seeds and roasted peanut powder in blender and pulse 4 to 5 times to make it in to fine powder.
- After its powdered down, add few tsp of water and again pulse to make in to fine paste.
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil, add cumin seeds, let them sizzle up.
- Add sesame and peanut paste and cook for 2 minutes. If required add few splashes of water in between.
- Add dry spices, mix and again cook for 2 minutes.
- Add potato, carrot, drumsticks, Lima beans, mix, add some water, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- After veggies are half way cooked, add green pepper, green peas, green chillies, green beans and mix well.
- Add salt to taste, jaggery, some more water if required and cook until all veggies cook properly.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with Bajarichi Bhakari!