Besan Shimla mirch sabzi is a perfect tiffin or lunch box recipe. This is a good alternarive to your regular shimla mirch sabzi. This can be made in a jiffy and it requires minimum ingredients those are easily available in your kitchen. This is very easy and simple recipe. Let’s prepare besan shimla mirch.
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 tsp Chickpea flour
- 1 tsp Oil
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Asafetida / Hing
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- Green capsicum
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add besan and fry on medium heat until it turns light red for about 5-6 minutes.
- Take it out into a bowl.
- Heat up oil in the pan. Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add asafoetida, finely chopped garlic and curry leaves.
- Fry until garlic turns little red for a minute or so.
- Add turmeric powder, and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped shimla mirch and mix well. Add a little salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook shimla mirch on medium heat until it turns soft for about 4-5 minutes.
- Lift the lid and stir sabzi at the intervals so that it won’t stick to pan.
- After 5-6 minutes, remove the lid, stir sabzi and add roasted besan and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook again for about 5-6 minutes. Stir at the intervals.
- Final step, add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Besan shimla mirch is already.
- Do not chop shimla mirch finely. Or it won’t get nice coating of besan.
- When we add salt, shimla mirch releases moisture and gets cooked quickly.