Batata pohe is basically a good option for breakfast. It is so simple that you can make it in a jiffy. It tastes best when hot. It is also wholesome and can have at any time of the day.
- 1 cup medium thick Puffed rice / Pohe
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds / Mohari
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / Jira
- A pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 6 - 8 Curry leaves
- 2 – 3 Green chilies
- 1 medium size chopped Potato / Batata
- Turmeric powder
- Sugar (optional)
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Take pohe in a bowl.
- Wash them well for 2 – 3 times.
- Soak in water for 30 seconds.
- Drain the water, cover and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add oil. Add peanuts.
- Fry them until they turn reddish.
- Take out the fried peanuts and keep them aside.
- Add mustard seeds in the same oil. Let it pop up.
- Add cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves, green chilies and chopped potato. Mix well.
- Add salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder. Stir well.
- Mix the soaked pohe with fork and add it in the pan.
- Add salt. Keep the salt previously added in mind and add accordingly.
- Add sugar (optional). Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Pohe are ready. Take pohe in a serving dish.
- Add coriander leaves and fried peanuts. Serve them hot.
- You can add lemon and garnish with fresh grated coconut.