Appam is very popular breakfast recipe of Kernal and is a type of pancake made with fermented rice batter and coconut milk. This is easy to make and yet healthy and tasty recipe.
- Preparation time : 20 mts
- Cooking time : 30Â mts
- Serves : 2 people
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Thick Poha
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow fry
- First wash rice and soak that in enough water for 6 hour.
- Also soak fenugreek seeds for 6 hours.
- After rice is soaked, mix poha flakes with yogurt and soak that in yogurt for 30 minutes.
- Now mix rice, poha, fenugreek seeds in blender and grind to make very smooth paste.
- Add some water to make this in ti very thick batter.
- Now cover and let that ferment overnight.
- In the morning heat up frying pan over low to medium high heat.
- After pan is hot enough, grease the pan with enough oil.
- Now add big spoonful of batter at the center of pan and let that spread around.
- Cove rand let that cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until it gets light golden color.
- Serve hot!