It is another south Indian recipe. It is tasty and healthy. Another staple breakfast recipe. Enjoy Aappe or Gunta Panganalu. They are known as Gunta Panganalu in south. It can be served as evening snack also.
- Preparation time : 20 mts
- Cooking time :Â 30 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup split Chana Dal
- 1/4 cup split Black Gram
- 1/4 tsp Methi Seeds
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1" piece of Ginger
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- First wash rice and dals separately and soak them separately overnight.
- Soak methi seeds as well in separate bowl.
- In the morning blend together rice, lentils and methi seeds until you get fine consistency.
- Add water to make that in to semi thick batter.
- Cover and let that sit at warm place for 14 to 16 hours.
- After the batter is fermented add chilli and ginger paste in to batter.
- Also add coriander leaves, salt and baking soda. Mix very well.
- Heat the Aappe mould on a medium high heat and then grease moulds well with some oil.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in each aappe mould.
- Cook till it gets nice golden crisp. Turn the aappe upside down so that they will cook evenly.
- Remove and repeat the same process with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with Coconut Chutney!