A very popular Maharashtrian dry version of Pithala - Zunka. Very simple and easy to make, a perfect last minute recipe. Tastes so good with Jawar Bhakari, roti or rice.Very spicy, tasty and yummy!!!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 cup Gram Flour / Besan
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 cups Water
- Take besan in a deep bowl add water and whisk till it becomes smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chillies, chopped garlic and cook till garlic gets light golden color.
- Add chopped onion and cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Now add besan batter and quickly mix it.
- Add salt, mix, cover and cook on low heat for 5 mts.
- Garnish with chopped corriandar leaves.
- After adding besan batter quickly mix to avoid forming of lumps.
- Adjust the amount of red chilli powder as per your taste.