A nicely stuffed with roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and our own Maharashtrian Goda Masala. Very crispy and crunchy. Tastes great with roti, rice or paratha!
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 25 mts
Serves : 4 people
- Okra/Bhindi/Bhendi - 1 1/2 lb
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cup roasted Peanut powder
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 6 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 5 to 6 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Amchur powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Water
- Wash bhindi in cold water 2 to 3 times and pat dry using paper towel. Remove top part of bhindi and make a slit through the center.
- Mix peanut powder, sesame seeds, garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, amchur powder in a bowl, mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well to make thick paste.
- Stuff these stuffing though the slits in to bhindi.
- Coat pan with oil and shallow fry bhindi from both the sides till it is cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped garlic and saute till garlic gets nice golden color.
- Now add sliced onion and fry till it gets nice golden color.
- Add leftover stuffing and roast for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cooked bhindi, mix and cook for 5 mts.
- Garnish with corriandar leaves.