Sindhi Chana is cooked using chole in onion and tomato based gravy. It is a very delicious dish from Sindhi cuisine.
- Preparation time : 30 mts
- Cooking time : Â 40 mts
- Serves :Â 4 people
- 1 cup Chole or Chickpeas
- 2 Onions pureed
- 2 Tomatoes Pureed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Amchur powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- First wash chole and soak them in enough water overnight.
- On the second day put soaked choles in pressure cooker with 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add bay leaf and green cardamom to the chole. Pressure cook chole until 7 to 8 whistles or until they are completely cooked.
- After chole is cooked eat up oil in a kadhai.
- In hot oil add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Then add onion puree and cook until water starts to evaporate from puree and puree becomes thick.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, mix and cook for about a minute.
- Add coriander powder, garam masaka, amchur powder, mix and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Then add tomato puree, red chilli powder, mix well and cook until oil separates from the spices.
- Add boiled chana in to masala, mix well.
- Add salt. Stir.
- Add water to adjust consistency, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.