Generally Shev bhaji is is made by adding shev to spicy gravy. But we are preparing dry sabzi. This is a typical Maharashtrian recipe. This is a good option for lunch or tiffin box. Let’s learn to make hot, spicy and mouth watering, dry shevchi bhaji.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 big finely chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Very little Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 big cup Gathi shev
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and fry for about 5-6 minutes until it gets light golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and fry for about a minute or two.
- If you want you can add 1/2 finely chopped tomato with dry spices.
- Add about 3-4 tbsp water and salt. Gathi shev contains salt. So add salt accordingly.
- Cook for another minute. Add gathi shev and mix well.
- Do not add much water. Or gathi shev may get dissolved in it.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cover and cook for just about 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Remove the lid and mix well once. Shevchi bhaji is already.
- Shevchi bhaji goes well with chapati or phulka.
- You can have this as a side dish with rice too.
- This is a perfect lunch box recipe.