This is a typical maharashtrian recipe. It is prepared using fresh aromatic shepu leaves. Some people don’t like shepu because of it’s distinctive flavor. Generally it prepared by adding soaked moong dal. But today we are making this by adding potato. This is a very easy and simple recipe. Here is Shepuchi bhaji.
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Chili garlic paste (6~7 garlic cloves and 1~1 1/2 green chili)
- 1 small boiled peeled and mashed Potato
- 2 cups chopped Shepu leaves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add chili garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add potato. You can add turmeric powder if you want.
- Pluck shepu leaves, wash it really good and chop it. Add shepu leaves. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Open the lid and mix again.
- Add salt. Cook uncovered for about 5-7 minutes.
- Shepuchi bhaji is already.
- Shepuchi bhaji goes well with chapati phulka.
- It goes well with rice as side dish too.