Rajma masala is a typical Punjabi or north Indian recipe. Rajma is kidney beans. This is very easy and simple to make. Boiled kidney beans are simmered in onion tomato gravy. Let’s learn to make rajma masala.
- 1 cup Cooked Rajma
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 3~4 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chopped Ginger
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 medium size Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Take rajma in cooker and cook on medium heat until 7 whistles. Never cook rajma on high heat.
- Take onion, garlic cloves and ginger. Blend in blender to make smooth puree.
- Do not add any water while blending. Try to blending without using any water.
- Heat up oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add ground masala. Fry masala on medium high heat for 7-8 minutes until it gets light golden color.
- Add tomato puree, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder and amchur powder.
- Mix well and cook masala on medium high heat for 5-6 minutes until spices release oil.
- Add cooked rajma, water and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium high heat for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and mix well again.
- Turn off the gas and add finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Rajma masala is already.
- Rajma masala goes well with plain boiled rice.
- It goes well with paratha, fulka, chapatti or roti.