This is another steple food from Sindhi recipe. It is tasty and delicious. It is made with potatoes and fenugreek leaves and spiced with different spices. Tasty side dish goes well with roti or rice. Enjoy Methi batata sabzi.
- Preparation time : 20 mts
- Cooking time :Â 20 mts
- Serves :Â 2 people
- 4 cups finely chopped Methi Leaves
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Separate methi leaves from stems. Now take all methi leaves in to strainer and wash methi leaves very well under cold water.
- Now take dry piece of cloth and spread out all methi leaves over it and keep aside for 15 mts.
- After 15 minutes finely chop methi leaves.
- Take potatoes, peel them and chop them in to small 1" cubes.
- Put potatoes in microwave safe dish, sprinkle some salt, add splash of water and mix well.
- Cover and microwave over high power for 1 minute. Just enough to parboil potatoes.
- Heat up oil. After oil is hot add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle.
- Then add grated ginger and let that cook up for about a minute.
- Then add methi leaves, mix well, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- After 5 mts add potatoes and finely chopped tomatoes to methi leaves.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, some water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 mts.
- Cook right till the time methi and potato is completely cooked.
- Serve hot with chapati!