Matkichi usal is a very easy, simple and quick recipe. It is a perfect tiffin recipe. Do try it and do not forget to like, comment, share and subscribe.
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Asafetida
- 1 cup Finely chopped Onion
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Goda masala
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 250 gm Sprouted Matki / Moth beans
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Gudh / Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Fresh grated Coconut
- A little less that 1/2 cup Water
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat up oil in cooker.
- Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds as let them sizzle up.
- Add a pinch of hing, onion and curry leaves.
- Mix well and fry until onion begins to turn light golden.
- Add goda masala, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and fry for about a minute.
- Add sprouted matki, salt to taste, gudh and fresh grated coconut.
- You can add roasted peanut powder instead of coconut.
- Mix well and add a little water.
- Mix well and close the lid of the cooker.
- Cook on medium heat until 1 whistle.
- Turn off the gas after 1 whistle.
- Open the cooker and add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and matkichi usal is already.