Kobichi bhaji is yet another side dish that goes well with chapati or phulka. It is very simple and easy to make. A good option for lunch box. Cabbage or patta kobi can be prepared in different ways like by adding tomatoes or potatoes or even green peas. But today we are making this sabzi by adding chana dal. Just go for it.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- 7~8 finely chopped Garlic cloves
- 2~3 Green chilies
- Curry leaves
- 2 cups finely chopped Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Soaked Chana dal
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Wash and soak chana dal for 4-5 hours.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add cumin seeds and let them pop up.
- Add asafetida and garlic. Fry for a minute till garlic turns a bit brown.
- Add turmeric powder, green chilies and curry leaves. Mix well.
- Add cabbage, soaked chana dal and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Check at the intervals and mix well.
- Check if dal is also cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Kobichi bhaji is already.