Cabbage masala is a dry sabzi. This is a good variation to your regular cabbage sabzi with chana dal. This is a perfect option for lunch or tiffin box. Cabbage masala is a very easy and simple recipe. I am sure people who don’t like cabbage, will definitely like this. Let’s learn to make cabbage masala.
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Asafetida
- 3 medium size sliced Onion
- 1 small sliced Tomato
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- 1-2 tsp Water
- 1 big bowl chopped Cabbage
- Green peas
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Add asafetida, onion.
- Mix well and cook until onion just becomes soft.
- Add tomato and mix well.
- Add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 3-4 minutes until tomato becomes soft for about 4-5 minutes.
- While cooking tomato if you feel that the mixture is sticking to pan or burning, then at intervals check and add 1-2 tsp water and cook again.
- Add cabbage and salt to taste. Mix well. If you are using fresh peas, then add at this point.
- If you are using frozen peas, then add when cabbage is almost cooked.
- Cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- While cooking if you feel cabbage is sticking to pan or has become dry then check at intervals and ad 1-2 tsp water and cook again.
- Cover and cook again for another 4-5 minutes until cabbage is nicely cooked.
- Turn off the gas and lots of finely chopped coriander.
- Cabbage masala is already. This can be a good lunch or tiffin box option.
- If you want, you can add finely chopped onion and tomato.