Butter Paneer or Paneer Makhani, its a very popular Punjabi dish. Paneer or Cottage cheese cooked in smooth, velvety, buttery and tasty tomato based gravy. Goes well with Naan, paratha or Jeera Rice!
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 40 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Whole Garam Masala - 4~5 Black Peppercorn, 1" cinnamon stick, 2~3 cloves, Javetri
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 4 Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Degi Mirch powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 250 gms Paneer cubed
- 3 tbsp Cream
- Heat up oil, add cumin seeds, add bay leaf, whole garam spices, add coriander seeds, cook this till the time spices change its color and nice aroma starts to come from it.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, cover and cook for 5 mts. Once masala cools down grind it to make smooth puree.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter, add ginger garlic paste and cook till raw smell goes away.
- Add ground masala, red chilli powder, mix and cook till the time oil separates from the spices.
- Add water suitable to your taste, add salt, sugar to taste, kasoori methi, mix and cook for 5 mts.
- Add paneer, mix, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Finally add cream, stir well, Butter Paneer is ready to be served!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
19 January 2016
Best Recipe. I loved it. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe with us. Buy Online Spices online at http://www.mangalorespice.com
15 August 2015
I just tried this recipe and it is simply delicious!! The taste is very much identical to the taste I get in restaurants ! Simple and yummy! Thanks Madhura
Bikashjyoti Tripathy :
31 October 2014
Really exlent test...
4 September 2013
Hi Madhura..tried your recipe..& it was awesome. The colour turned out fab!!thanks for sharing this recipe..
Mike Hurlock :
14 June 2013
You are very talented young lady! Awesome idea