Aloo gobi is another classic North Indian cuisine, and is a "dry" Indian curry. This is a aloo and gobi cooked in spicy masala. This can be served with roti, rice, paratha. This could be the best dry curry for Potluck. Enjoy this yummy Aloo Gobi!
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1Inch Piece of Ginger
- Whole Garam Masala
- 5 Green Chillies
- Oil 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Corriandar powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchur powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- Pinch of asafoetida
- First crush Whole garam masala, Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies in a blender. Just blend it coarsely.
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, pinch of asafoetida and chopped onion. Saute the onion till it becomes translucent.
- Now add crushed paste and saute for 2 minutes. Add turmeric powder.
- Add chopped potatoes, sprinkle some salt, mix it, cover and cook for 10 mts.
- Add cauliflower, sprinkle some salt, mix, cover and cook for 10 mts.
- After cooking for 10 mts add coriander powder, amchur powder and red chilli powder and add some salt to taste. Cover and cook till its done.
- Garnish with corriandar leaves.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
Indian Food Calories :
4 November 2014
Hi Madhura, This is one of my favorite recipes. I love it due to the fact that it is a low-carb recipe. I have put together nutritional information/Calorie information for the recipe here. Aloo Gobi Calories I hope your readers will find the calorie information useful.
debdatta ghosh :
26 August 2014
i like your simple aloo gobi recipe which i am yet to try. i have a simple suggestion. perhaps the aloo gobi dish will be a little more flavourful if the gobi is fried earlier and then added. hope to hear your opinion. thanks.
3 December 2013
Where is your ingredients for potato and cauliflower? How many of each ?
15 November 2013
hi there you did a great job on that recipe i will have to look at some more on here i like indian food you make it so easy and add a touch of class to it are you from the uk i would like it if you could send me a nice photo of you please like i said you do a great job please can you send me a email back please cheers from andy