Peas Pulav is one of the easy recipe and can be prepared within few minutes. The secret ingredient is crushed ginger and chillies which adds a very rich taste to the pulav.
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay leafs
- 1 Onion sliced
- 4 Green chillies
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Corriandar powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 cups water
- First take ginger and green chillies in a blender and crush them. Wash rice 2 to 3 times and soak in water for 30 mts.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame. Once oil is hot add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Then add sliced onion and fry till it becomes
- Add turmeric powder and crushed ginger and green chillies. Saute it for 1 mt. Then add garam masala and coriander powder and mix it well.
- Add green peas and rice. Pour 2 cups of water. Sprinkle salt.
- Cover it and cook on a high flame for 5 mts. After cooking rice on a high flame for 5 mts reduce the flame to mediumÂ and cook for 10 mts.
- After 10 mts reduce the flame to low and cook for 15 mts.
- After 15 mts switch off the stove and let it rest for 15 mts.
- Peas Pulav is ready now.