Narali bhat is a traditional Maharashtrian delicacy. It is specially prepared on Rakhi pournina or narali pournima. This is a very easy and simple recipe. Rice is sweetened using jaggery and fresh coconut is added to increase the taste. Do try this recipe.
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 7~8 Cashew nuts
- 3~4 Cloves
- 1~2 Green cardamom
- 1/2 cup Ambemohar rice
- 2 cups hot Water
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- Cardamom powder
- Heat up ghee in a pan.
- Add cashew nuts and fry until these get light golden color.
- Take cashew nuts out.
- Add cloves and green cardamom in the same ghee.
- Fry them for a little and add rice.
- Fry rice for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and salt. Mix well and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook the rice on medium heat until all the water is soaked.
- Lower down the heat to low.
- Cook the rice on low heat for about 7-8 minutes until it is 90% cooked.
- Remove the lid and separate the rice little.
- Add jaggery, coconut, fried cashew nuts and cardamom powder. You also can add coconut milk while cooking the rice.
- Mix well carefully until jaggery is melted.
- Spread the rice evenly.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and coconut rice is already.