A nice, tasty sweet coconut rice prepared widely in Maharashtra on the day of Shravani Pournima. Tastes simply great!
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh or frozen Coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 6 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- Cardamom powder to taste
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 3 to 4 Green Cardamom
- 5 to 6 Cloves
- Assorted Nuts
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mts.
- Boil water in a pan, add ghee, add soaked rice and cook till rice is 80% cooked.
- Heat 3 tsp ghee in a pan, add whole spices, add coconut, sugar, nuts mix well.
- Add boiled rice, mix gently, add saffron water, cover and cook on low heat for 15 mts.
- Open cover after 10 mts, Marali Bhat is ready to serve!
- Traditionally jaggery is used to prepare Narali Bhat, you may make use of jaggery instead of sugar.
- Use orange color instead of saffron.
Not Available Related Recipe !