It is amazingly simple and tasty. It is a different version of khichadi than we regularly have. It is like dal bhat in which rice and dal are cooked together and tampered with different with spices. Enjoy Mirani khichdi.
- Preparation time : 5 mts
- Cooking time :Â 30 mts
- Serves :Â 2 people
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Oil 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sambar powder
- Mix rice and dal together, rinse in cold water and soak for 1 hour.
- Now put rice and dal mixture in to pressure cooker.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water enough to cook rice.
- Pressure cook until 3 to 4 whistles until rice is completely cooked.
- Now heat up oil in another pan. After oil is hot add mustard seeds, hing.
- Let the mustard seeds crackle, now lower down the heat and add sambar masala.
- Mix well and let masala cook for about a minute.
- Now put tempering over cooked khichdi and mix well.
- Add more water to adjust the consistency of khichdi and simmer over low heat for 10 more mts.
- Serve hot with a pickle on the side!