Matar Bhat is a very easy and simple recipe. This can be a good variation to your regular varan bhat or amti bhat. With winter, fresh peas start coming into the market. So do try this yummy recipe this winter. Here is matar bhat.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2~3 Bay leaves
- 1 big finely chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic Green chili paste (10-12 garlic cloves and 2 green chillies)
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Goda masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 cup Basamati tukda rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Matar
- Salt to taste
- Heat up oil in a cooker.
- When oil is enough hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add bay leaves. You can add whole spices like cinnamon or cardamom of your choice.
- Add onion and fry for about 3-4 minutes. Do not change the color of onion. Just make it soft.
- Add garlic green chili paste, coriander powder, goda masala, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Mix well and fry the dry masale for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice. Wash rice and soak for about 30 minutes. Mix well. Add water.
- If you have soaked rice then 1 1/2 cup water is enough for 1 cup rice.
- If you haven’t soaked rice and just washed it, then add 2 cups water for 1 cup rice.
- Add matar and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Close the lid and cook until on medium heat until 2 whistles.
- Open the cooker and mix the rice with fork or ladle once.
- Matar bhat is already Serve hot with lots of ghee.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
27 March 2017