If you want to make a quick nutritious meal, then khichdi is always the best choice. It is made of Whole Masoor dal which is rich in protein. To make this dish more nutritious, add mixed veggies of your choice.This is also healthier and tastier dish that can be incorporated in kids diet in place of regular plane khichdi. This is pretty tasty that my little one keep asking me for more and more!!!
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Whole Masoor Dal
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 Tomato chopped
- pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Wash and soak masoor dal for 4 hours. Wash and soak rice for 30 mts.
- Heat up a tsp oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds, add chopped garlic and saute till garlic gets nice golden color.
- Add hing, turmeric powder, tomatoes and mix well.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, mix well, now add soaked rice and dal, mix well.
- Add water, salt to taste, cover and pressure cook until 2 whistles.
- Serve with some salad, raita!
- Adjust spices suitable to your taste.