Khabdeshi masala khichadi as the name suggests, it is made in khandesh. This cand be a one dish meal. This is a very easy, simple and quick recipe as we are making it in pressure cooker. Do try this delicious recipe and leave a comment. Do not forget to like, share and subscribe too.
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2~3 Green chillies chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 small Potato peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Tur dal
- 3 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Heat up oil in pressure cooker.
- Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, garlic and peanuts. Stir well and fry for about a minute.
- Add onion, green chillies and fry until onion turns light golden.
- Add tomato, garam masala, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add potato and green peas. Mix well.
- Take rice and tur dal. Wash it really good with water. Add washed rice.
- Mix well and add water, salt to taste. Mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on medium heat until 3 whistles.
- Masala khichadi is already.
- Serve with lots of ghee and coriander leaves.
- You can serve masala khichaadi with papad too.