Kairi bhat is a summer special recipe. This is a very easy and quick recipe. You can use left over rice too for this recipe. You can use kairi for making panha, kairichi dal, pickles, chutneys etc. Try this spicy and tangy rice using kairi. Let’s see how to make kairi rice.
- 1 cup Boiled rice
- 1/2 cup Grated kairi
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaved
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Asafetida
- 2 dried Red chillies
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Peanuts
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Take rice into a dish. The rice should not be sticky.
- Add grated kairi and salt. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well again.
- Heat up 1 tsp oil in a tadka pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let the pop up.
- Add cumin seeds, asafetida, red chillies, curry leaves and peanuts.
- Fry until peanuts turn reddish.
- Add turmeric powder and add tadka on rice.
- Mix well and kairi bhat is already.
- You can add curry leaves and red chillies after frying peanuts. This will avoid burning of these.
- You can use ghee or coconut oil also for tadka.
- You can cook kairi a little in tadka if you want.