Jeera rice is very easy and simple recipe. Even bachelors can make it. This Indian pulao mildly spiced and flavourful rice tampered with cumin. Mostly people prefer jeera rice over plain, boiled rice to go with dals and curries in restaurants. Let’s make delicious jeera rice.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- Cumin seeds
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Wash rice really good and soak it in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the rice into pan and add water.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Let the rice come to boil on high heat.
- When rice begins to boil lower heat to medium and add ghee.
- Cover on medium heat until 90% moisture is absorbed in the rice for about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to lowest and cook rice for 15 minutes more.
- If rice sticks to the bottom of the pan, put a skillet on gas and put pan on it and cook.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the gas and let the pan be on the gas for 10 minutes more.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid and separate the rice with the help of fork.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat. Add oil. You can use butter or ghee instead of oil.
- When oil is enough hot, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Lower the heat to lowest. Add rice and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and fry on low heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Jeera rice is already.
- Jeera rice goes well with dal fry or dal tadka.
- If you just wash the rice and don’t soak it, add 2 cups of water.
- Adding ghee while cooking rice is optional. You can skip it if you don’t like.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
Shyam Patil :
18 March 2017
Jeera rice recepie khup chan, mala ek prshna ahe yaat tumhi rup ani tel donhi ni takle pn tup ani tel ektra khau naye ase mhntaat.