Jeera rice is a flavorful rice dish and it is a superb accompaniment with any veg or non veg side dish. Daal fry and jeera rice makes the ultimate combination if you are looking for some simple flavoursome meal.
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Shahi Jeera
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Rinse rice 2, 3 times and soak in water for at least 30 mts.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and shahi jeera.
- Once they splutter add basmati rice. Mix it well.
- Then pour 2 cup water. Sprinkle some salt.
- Cook on a high flame for 5mts. Then cook on a medium flame for 10 mts. After cooking rice for 10 mts on a medium flame reduce the flame to the low and cook it for 15 mts.
- After 15 mts switch off the stove and let it rest for 15 mts.
- Jeera rice is ready. Enjoy with dal fry, Curry.