Cooking rice is frequently the single thing that many find difficult without a rice cooker. This method is foolproof, and works first time every time. Try at home how to easily cook perfect rice in Microwave.
- 1 cup Long grain Basamati rice
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ghee / Clarified butter
- Take rice in a bowl and rinse it under water for 2-3 times.
- Soak the washed in enough water for about 30 minutes.
- Remove excess water from rice after 30 minutes.
- Transfer the rice into a microwave safe dish.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water in rice. Add salt to taste and ghee.
- Mix well. Close the lid.
- Microwave the rice on highest possible temperature for exactly 10 minutes.
- Take rice out of microwave and do not open the lid immediately. Let it rest for more 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid.
- Separate the grain with the help of fork.
- Rice is already.
- You can use this rice to make tawa pulao, jeera rice, fried rice and biryanis too.
- Ghee gives nice taste and aroma to rice. Also ghee helps to keep rice grains separated.
- After taking out rice from microwave, wait for 10 minutes. This allows to cook rice evenly in its own steam.