Cooking basamati rice to perfection is not at all difficult. Will you like to know how it is done? Here is the recipe how to cook basamati rice. Do not forget to like, share, comment and subscribe.
- 1 cup Long grain Basamati rice
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- Take basamati rice into a bowl and wash it really good 3-4 times with water.
- Soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water and transfer the rice into a pan.
- Add water, salt and ghee. Mix well.
- Turn on the gas and Bring rice to boil on high heat.
- When rice begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and cook rice on medium heat until water is absorbed for about 7-8 minutes.
- When rice absorbs almost all the water, lower down the heat to lowest setting.
- Cook for another 15 minutes on lowest heat.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the gas. Give the rice resting time of 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lid and loosen up the rice with fork.
- Rice is already.
- Ghee gives nice flavour to rice and it doesn’t become sticky.
- Always use broad pan to cook rice so that it won’t get pressed while cooking. It also becomes sticky.