A Maharashtrian version of curd rice. Very satisfying and tastes simply great!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 2 cups boiled Rice
- 2 cups Yogurt / Curd
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- pinch of hing
- 5 to 6 Curry leaves
- 3 dried Red Chillies
- Add ginger, green chillies and some water in to a blender and grind till it gets smooth.
- Take yogurt in a deep bowl, add some salt, sugar and coriandar leaves, mix add ginger and green chilli mixture and mix well.
- Add boiled rice in yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of hing, curry leaves and dried red chillies
- Pour tempering over rice yogurt and rice mixture, mix well and garnish with chopped coriandar leaves!
- Add some homemadeÂ fresh malai for richer taste.
- Adjust the consistency of yogurt mixture suitable to your taste.
Not Available Related Recipe !